Ministries of Mercy - Life Ministries at 6363 9th Avenue North, Saint Petersburg, FL 33710 US - Fortnight for Freedom
|Fortnight for Freedom|
During the Fortnight, our liturgical calendar celebrates a series of great martyrs who remained faithful in the face of persecution by political power - St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More, St. John the Baptist, SS. Peter and Paul, and the First Martyrs of the Church of Rome. In the secular calendar, we anticipate that the U.S. Supreme Court will rule at some point during the Fortnight (likely around June 30) on the Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties cases, which are challenges to the HHS mandate brought by for-profit businesses.
The Conference has prepared materials that will hopefully assist you in preparatin for the Fortnight. The materials below are already available publicly through the website www.Fortnight4Freedom.org.
1. Frequently Asked Questions about Religious Liberty
2. 14-Day Study Guide on Dignitatis Humanae
3. Litany for Liberty
4. A series of examples of Current Threats to Religious Liberty in the U.S.
5. A series of examples of International Religious Freedom issues
6. International Threats to Religious Freedom (Spanish Resource)
7. Prayers of the Faithful (as part of the Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty)
8. Holy Hour Template (also part of the Call to Prayer)
9. Parish Guide to celebrating the Fortnight (including 14 suggestions)
10. USCCB Video Fortnight for Freedom Video: "Freedom to Serve"
Please contact the Office of Life Ministry for the following resources (firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-366-1611 ext. 5325)
1. Ecumenical Prayer Service Outline
2. Intercessory Prayers for Ecumenical Service
3. Passages from Scripture to use during the Fortnight for Freedom
Finally, we are also providing these Talking Points on the Fortnight for Freedom 2014 to assist with your communication efforts. Please note that the publicly available materials are also available in Spanish on the Fortnight for Freeodm website. Homily Helpers for the Sundays of the Fortnight as well as daily Masses will be posed at a later date. Please continue to check www.Fortnight4Freedom.org for updated information about the 2014 Fortnight, including the Fortnight's new logo in English and Spanish, which we would encourage you to use to promote this upcoming two-week period.
Please contact Sabrina with Fortnight event flyers, activities, or websites so that we can add this information to the diocesan website: email@example.com or 727-344-1611 ext. 5325.