Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary Religious Education and Formation at 601 Hill-n-Dale Road, Lexington, KY 40503-2116 US - Our Commitment to Ensuring a Safe Environment . . .
Our Commitment to Ensuring a Safe Environment . . .
“The church community has a special obligation to children that it carries out with seriousness. In the church’s ordinary life, children are educated in the faith and initiated into the church’s sacramental life. Parishes devote significant energy and resources to the development of their young members, and countless individuals have dedicated themselves to ministering to youth. Everyone in the community has a responsibility to protect children [sic, and vulnerable adults]—parents, clerics, educators, youth ministers, volunteers working with youth, even youths themselves, and adults who are not directly involved in work with children.”
Roman Catholic Diocese of Lexington’s Decree
in response to the USCCB’s directives, November 1992.
Regular Volunteer/Participant Requirements:
- Each regular volunteer or participant must attend a VIRTUS Protecting God's Children® session. Please register at www.VIRTUS.org.
- Each regular volunteer or participant must read, understand, and complete a Volunteer Application / Solicitud Para Voluntarios .
- Regular Volunteers/Participants must read and understand the Diocese of Lexington Code of Pastoral Conduct / Diócesis Católica de Lexington Código de Conducta Pastoral, Agosto de 2006.
- Regular Volunteers/Participants must read and understand the Diocese of Lexington Technology Code of Pastoral Conduct / No está disponible en español todavía.
- Youth Leader Request form--this is for a background check inquiry, for regular volunteers/participants in ministries with direct contact with children or vulnerable adults. List of Ministries with direct contact with children or vulnerable adults. / No está disponible en español todavía.
- Regular Volunteers/Participants must complete a yearly Time and Talent Commitment Form.
Volunteer Leadership Requirements:
- Regular volunteer/participant requirements, as stated above.
- Leaders must read and understand the Facility Use Policy.
- Leaders must read and understand the Facility Access Policy.
- Leaders must sign a Facility Access and Usage Acknowledgement.
- Annual Schedule-Request Meeting: Parish leadership will be contacted when this year's meeting date has been set.
- Leaders may schedule facility space by contacting the Parish Secretary, Kellie Pedroche, at 859-278-7432.
- Religious Education & Formation parents are asked to please read and understand the Technology Code of Pastoral Conduct, as well as discuss with their children the material and issues in regard to appropriate behavior when using technology.
Additional Documents of Interest:
- Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People
- Did you know? / ¿Sabia usted que?
- Decree on a Pastoral Response to Issues of Sexual Misconduct by Church Personnel, August 2003.
- Reporting Sexual Abuse / Para Reportar Abuso Sexual
- Policy on Sexual Abuse / Folleto para Reportar Abuso
- Parish Emergency Plan
Safe Environment Policy:
Walter Leachman, Bus. Mgr.
firstname.lastname@example.org 278-7432 ext 239
Rebecca Brown, School Principal
email@example.com 277-3030 ext 244
VIRTUS Protecting God's Children®:
Laura Hack, DRF
firstname.lastname@example.org 278-7432 ext 302
Kellie Pedroche, Parish Secretary
email@example.com 278-7432 ext 300