St. Michael the Archangel at 502 West Front Street, Monroe, MI 48161 US - Website Policies
1. DEFINITIONS: The Service. Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic Church will maintain an Internet web site, stmichaelthearchangel, "the Service", for the purpose of displaying information about the Parish, conducting Parish related on-line transactions, and other parish related Internet services. The Service Agent. CatholicWeb.com and/or CompBiz, Inc., the developer of the EZWeb(sm) online publishing system is defined in this Policy Statement as the "Service Agent" and provides the Internet online tools and the EZWeb(sm) software for subscribers to develop a Catholic related web site, and provides the Internet web site hosting service.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities of the Pastor. The Pastor through the parish Web Site Publisher, is solely responsible for any content contained on this Web site. All web site content or materials are supplied by stmichaelthearchangel users, and the responsibility for any opinions, advice, statements, images or other information contained in any messages or images posted or transmitted by any third party on this Site resides solely with the Pastor. The Pastor reserves the right to terminate/shut down any portion of this web site in the event that content/material is displayed which the larger, general audience finds offensive. All web site content must be previewed and approved by the Saint Michael the Archangel Church Web Site Publisher prior to publication on the web site. The Pastor has final authority regarding the publication of web site content. Responsibilities of Parishioners. Parishioners may only use the Service for legal purposes. Parishioners who use the Service agree to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy and all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, those related to pornography, obscenity, copyright, trademark, other intellectual property rights, data privacy, international communications, import and export of data, tax laws and regulations. Parishioners may not resell, re-market, or otherwise redistribute the Service or any portion thereof or offer Service to others for the creation of web sites using the Service without written permission of the Pastor. Parishioners agree to notify the Pastor promptly if they suspect unauthorized use of the Service.
3. ADVERTISING: Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing signed and dated by an authorized representative of the Catholicweb.com, Saint Michael the Archangel Church understands that Catholicweb.com has the exclusive right to solicit and charge for advertising and sponsoring space in the web site Service and/or insert web pages, and Catholicweb.com will retain all payments for such charges as compensation for free web site Service.
4. PRIVACY: stmichaelthearchangel will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private e-mail message or address information unless required by law, regulation or court order. Users agree to respect the privacy and confidentiality of others. The site will not display personal information, including name, home address, home telephone number, work telephone number, personal e-mail address or photographs of parishioners, parish staff members or parish employees without their express written consent. Such consent must be obtained for each occasion. Under no circumstances will names and other personal identification material of minors be displayed on the web site. Group pictures of minors may be displayed as part of an article, but the names of the minors may not be used in the caption of such pictures, or in any portion of the article.
5. USER BEHAVIOR: SPAMMING IS NOT ALLOWED. Users are solely responsible for their E-mail content and acknowledge stmichaelthearchangel acts as a passive conduit for the distribution and transmission of their data. Users represent and warrant the content they provide to stmichaelthearchangel (a) does not infringe on any third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene; or (d) does not contain viruses or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines. If users violate this provision they will be penalized up to and including loss of their stmichaelthearchangel participation and any other remedies available to stmichaelthearchangel by law.
6. INTERNET LINKS: Certain Internet links on this Site lead to servers maintained by individuals or organizations over which stmichaelthearchangel has no control. stmichaelthearchangel makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or any other aspect of the information located on such servers.
7. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY: stmichaelthearchangel reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, the violation of any laws, the terms and conditions of the Agreement for stmichaelthearchangel EZWeb (sm) Hosting Agreement or this Acceptable Use Policy. The Acceptable Use Policy below describes certain actions relating to the content and operation of the web site, that stmichaelthearchangel considers to be inappropriate and thus prohibited. The examples named in this list are in addition to the content identified in the Agreement and are provided solely for your guidance. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact stmichaelthearchangel. Actions, which the stmichaelthearchangel considers inappropriate, include, but are not limited to, (A) using the Service to sell any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received; (B) using the Service to post any content of the nature set forth in 47 U.S.C. §230(c)(2)(A) (i.e., material that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, pornographic, contains nudity or sexual acts, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable); (C) using the Service to post any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence; (D) using the Service to post any content that holds the Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic Church (including its affiliates), employees or parishioners up to public scorn or ridicule; (E) using the Service to post any content that holds the Roman Catholic Church, the Archdiocese of Detroit, members of the clergy, the religious, or the laity up to public scorn or ridicule; (F) using the Service to post any content that violates any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of others; (G) failing to obtain all required permissions when using the Service to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, or execute programs or perform other works protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and patent laws; (H) deleting or altering author attributes or copyright notices, unless expressly permitted in writing by the author or owner; (I) using the Service in a torturous manner, including the posting of libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without the permission of the person(s) involved, or posting content that is likely to cause emotional distress; or (J) introducing viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code on the Internet.
Thank you, and have a nice day!