St. Stanislaus Kostka Chapel at 608 South Elm Avenue, Jackson, MI 49203-1924 US - History of ParishHistory of Parish
In 1913, Polish families who lived in the SE part of Jackson, organized the St. Stanislaus Club and began a drive to organize a parish. Property was bought in 1917 and the dream of a parish became reality in 1920. Rev. Fr. Bernard Ciesielski was appointed the first pastor. In the spring of 1921 the cornerstone for the combined church and school was laid. A convent was built in 1935-36 with Kostka Hall following. A drive to obtain funds for construction of our current church was started in the early 1950s and the church was completed and dedicated May 26, 1957.
Pope John Paul II
Many will want his name to enter the history books as “Pope John Paul the Great”. He well deserves the title when one considers what he has given us. Many analysts will provide us with dazzling insights into this great world leader is erudite and arcane prose...