Diocese of Steubenville at 422 Washington Street, Steubenville, OH 43952 US - HomeDiocese of Steubenville Official website!
The Diocese of Steubenville is an ecclesiastical division of the Church governed and administered by a bishop who is subject to the ultimate authority of the Holy Father. The Diocese is the local Church, the People of God, all of whom assist the Bishop in the administration of the Diocese. A diocese usually receives its name from the See City and ordinarily the Bishop resides in that city.
The Diocese of Steubenville comprises thirteen counties in Eastern Ohio. They are Athens, Belmont, Carroll, Gallia, Guernsey, Harrison, Jefferson, Lawrence, Meigs, Morgan, Monroe, Noble and Washington. This territory comprises 5,913 square miles with a total population of 508,406 according to the 2012 federal census estimates. The Catholic Diocese of Steubenville was established on October 21, 1944 and the Most Reverend John King Mussio was appointed the first Bishop on March 16, 1945. The Catholic population is approximately 35,603.
Bishop Jeffrey M. Monforton Follow @BishopMonforton
Click below to view the following:
Diocese of Steubenville Bishop Jeffrey M. Monforton’s response to the Supreme Court decision in the Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Sebelius
Special Message from the Bishops of the United States regarding the HHS Mandate
Holy Name Cathedral "Renovation Restoration Renewal"
Steubenville Register Website that contains the latest edition
USCCB United States Conference of Catholic Bishops