Club Mission Statement
· To perpetuate the spirit of “Giving back” to our Church, to the Community and to our Parish family.
· To foster and grow our Holy Family Men’s Club as a place for fellowship, service and recreation among Catholic men of our Parish, now and into the future.
· To establish physical, spiritual and monetary support to individuals, organizations and groups identified by our Club members that are in keeping with our goals and ideals.
· To set a positive example to our Parish and community by supporting our heritage as free Americans, our belief in Respect Life and the truths and traditions we as Catholics believe.
What Is the Men’s Club?
FAITH – We live our lives as Disciples of Christ and stewards of the grace and talents He has given us. That is why the men of Holy Family Parish enjoy hosting Parish events. These events have raised over $4,000 annually for the benefit of the Parish, and our school.
FAMILY – We do not forget that the parish is named for the Holy Family. We emphasize family in our work. As you can see in the activities list, we define family to include our individual families, our parish family and our Jacksonville community.
FELLOWSHIP – We enjoy the friendships we develop with the other members of the Men’s Club. Our meetings include a 30-minute social period, a healthy meal prepared for the membership, and the business meeting. Our events are designed to encourage members to interact with each other and the parish we serve.
SERVICE – We perform service to our parish and the Jacksonville community. Many members of the club hold leadership positions within the ministries of our parish and in charitable agencies throughout Northeast Florida.
· Kids Breakfast with Santa
· Feast of the Holy Family Breakfast
· Parish Family Baseball Outing at the Jacksonville Suns
· Lenten Friday Fish Fry
Community Service Activities
· Catholics for HabiJax
· Ability Housing Volunteers
· Respect Life Activities
· Camp I Am Special
· Camp Promise
Planning 2012-2013 Activities including
· Monthly Meetings with Guest speakers
· Recognition of Guests and new Members
· Parish Golf Outing
· Joint Dinner meeting with Parish Women’s Club
· Various Parish Ministries and Holy Family School Functions
MEETINGS –The club meets the second Monday night of every month from September through May at 6:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Many of our meetings feature exciting guest speakers such as former Jaguar players Tony Boselli and Tom McManus, Dr. Sami Achem of Mayo Clinic, Gator Bowl Chairman Dan Murphy, WTEV Chief Meteorologist Mike Buresh and former NFL great Pete Banaszak.
MEMBERSHIP –The club welcomes all men of Holy Family. Our current membership spans all ages and reflects a cross section of our parish.
HOW TO JOIN – Just come to one of our meetings and see for yourself. Members develop friendships with the other members quickly in the welcoming atmosphere of the Men’s Club. For more details, ask a member or call one of our officers.
WHAT YOU GET –For a minimal annual $40 dues payment, members enjoy (9) meals with beverages and dessert. But beyond that, your individual participation will give you the satisfaction that you are doing the “good works” demanded of Catholic men by our Lord.
THE YELLOW PIN – Join the Men’s Club and proudly wear your “Yellow Pin” signifying your membership in this fun and contributing organization.
Joe Rolince – President 838-0640
Darren Peterson – Vice President 803-9906
Mike Wolf – Secretary 287--4981
John Ostertag – Treasurer 880-0326