St. Ignatius Evangelization at 715 E. Orange St., Tarpon Springs, FL 34689 US - How Do I Share My Faith?
|How Do I Share My Faith?|
Fr. Frank DeSiano tells us this in his book entitled The Evangelizing Catholic: A Practical Handbook for Reaching Out:
Share Your Story with Respect!
"Think about it: each one of us has a personal story of faith.
That story may not involve extremely unusual occurrences - how few among us
experience ecstasy or direct divine revelation the way St. Paul or St. Francis did?
Yet every one of us who believes experiences God and, even more,has experienced the guidance of God in our personal lives."
Realizing our story enables us to share it with others in ordinary daily situations. We are told in 1 Peter 3:15-16,
"Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you
for a reason for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence..."
Fr. DeSiano suggests that we take some time to find our story by asking ourselves some important starter questions:
- When did faith first come to me?
- Who were the ones who brought it?
- When did I first acknowledge the reality of God?
- What are the most powerful religious moments of my life?
- What changes have I undergone and what role has faith played in them?
- How have I come to think of God? What images, what scripture stories or sayings speak most deeply to me?
- How does God address my fears? My longings?
- How does God underlie my life values?