Most Precious Blood at 25 Maple Street, Hyde Park, MA 02136-2738 US - PARISH NEWS (updated every Monday) " class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: ; top: ; width: ; height: "
PARISH NEWS(updated every Monday)
As always, please read the Bulletin every weekend for all the latest news at Most Precious Blood, St. Pius X and the surrounding area. Those who cannot get a copy after the weekend Masses may find a copy on this website (see the side menu), and on our social media pages, The Calendar section of the website, containing the regular schedule for all parish ministries and organizations, is also updated at least once monthly.
- CALL TO PRAYER FOR LIFE, MARRIAGE AND RELIGIOUS LIBERTY: Starting December 30, 2012 and continuing through to November 24, 2013, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is promoting a call to prayer, penance and sacrifice for the sake of renewing the culture of life among us. Please visit USCCB.org/Life-Marriage-Liberty and take some time to review the resources and other information available on the site. These are issues that affect us all as Catholics and as Americans; it is vital that we keep ourselves informed and alert.
- SECOND COLLECTIONS FOR MAY: Clergy Benefit Trust, May 4-5; Catholic Communications Campaign, May 11-12; Seminary Offering, May 18-19; Monthly Sacrificial Offering, May 25-26. Please see the Links section to learn more about what these collections support.
MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD
- ADULT CHOIR: Reghearsals have ended until September, but the choir will sing on Memorial Day (May 27th) at the 9:00 AM Mass, and on Sunday, June 2 at the 11:45 AM Mass. Please see the Music Ministry page for more information about the choir. Please consider joining in the fall; new members are always welcome and appreciated!
- MAY ROSARY: The Holy Rosary will be recited on the Sundays of May at 11:00 AM in the upper church. Please join us in this special devotion during this sacred month of Mary.
- MAY PROCESSION: The annual crowning of the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary will take place after the 9:15 AM Mass on Sunday, May 26.
- MEMORIAL DAY MASS: The annual Mass for the deceased members of the Fogg/Roberts American Legion Post #78 and the Doyle VFW Post #2831 and all deceased veterans of Hyde Park will be Monday, May 27 at 9:00 AM. All are welcome.
- CORPUS CHRISTI CHAPLET: In honor of the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be recited on Sunday, June 2 at 11:15 AM in the upper church. The Chaplet will be followed by the Litany to the Most Precious Blood.
ST. PIUS X
- PATRIOTIC ROSARY: The Rosary for our country and religious freedom will continue throughout the Year of Faith, every Tuesday night at 7:00 PM at the church.
- EUCHARISTIC VIGIL AND HOLY HOU
NEIGHBORING PARISHES (see Links section for individual parish websites)
- EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is celebrated at St. Angela Merici Church (Mattapan) Mondays and Fridays from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and at St. Matthew Church (Dorchester) Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- CELEBRATION OF THE DIVINE MERCY: Rev. Richard Clancy's celebrations with the Sisters of Mercy at St. Ann Church (Neponset) will resume in September. Please see SisterFaustina.org for details.