St. Anthony Parish at 485 Grand Avenue, Taylor Mill, KY 41015-1919 US - Catholic Resolutions for 2013
Catholic Resolutions for 2013
Catholic Resolutions for 2013:
1. Keep the Ten Commandments.
2. Pray twice as often as you do.
3. Go weekly to the desert of your soul and wait for God.
4. Get to know a saint. Personally.
5. Be inspired by the communion of saints, but be yourself.
6. Find out who "yourself" is by asking God to show you. (Maybe in that desert time, #3)
7. Go to confession. Then do it again within a month.
8. I'm assuming you're going to Mass on Sundays. If not, do it. If you are, resolve to go to at least occasional daily mass (if possible) during Lent. Or start early.
9. Cull your excess and give it to the poor.
10. Then pray this, and mean it:
Lord, make me a channel of thy peace;
That where there is hatred, I may bring love;
That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness;
That where there is discord, I may bring harmony;
That where there is error, I may bring truth;
That where there is doubt, I may bring faith;
That where there is despair, I may bring hope;
That where there are shadows, I may bring light;
That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted;
To understand, than to be understood;
To love, than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life. Amen.