Chris ETC. at 14809 Pennfield Circle #412, Silver Spring, MD 20906 US - Résumé for Sr. Christine Kresho CSJ
|Résumé for Sr. Christine Kresho CSJ|
SR. CHRISTINE KRESHO CSJ
15115 Interlachen Dr #325
Silver Spring, MD 20906
SR. CHRISTINE KRESHO CSJ
An effective designer/presenter/teacher/administrator with 14 years experience in marketing, designing promotional materials, developing presentations, and giving workshops. Previous accomplishments include establishing new teaching programs and creating successful learning environments. Experienced administrator with 11 years as an Elementary School Principal. Published author of two novels.
Author of 3 novels and one devotional prayer/meditation booklet
- Stations of the Cross for Today's Disciples; 2011
- My Priest My Husband; (pen name: Deede Kress); 2009
- Sacred Betrayal; 2008:
- At the Last Supper; 2005
- Designed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers, ads, and direct mail pieces
- Negotiated ad contracts with 5 magazines/newsletters
- Presented electronic learning materials at conventions/exhibits in addition to staffing the booth
- Tracked and analyzed advertising/promotional budget
- Increased sales and built customer loyalty through personal visits and presentations
- Generated new sales in primary territory while contributing to the improvement of marketing strategies at the corporate level
- Restructured territory within one year thereby expanding sales to six additional states
- Developed and presented “Secrets of Successful Computer Education for K-8” for educational conferences
- Planned, directed, and presented “hands-on” workshops for school administrators, computer coordinators and teachers
- Wrote copy for promotional materials
- Developed and conducted workshops at national and regional conferences
- Designed and gave presentations at national and regional conventions
- Authored “Tuitionworks,” a manual and template for school administrators
- Previewed and tested software for compatibility with textbooks
- Co-authored word processing course for junior high students
- Contributed to revision and development of computer education courses in database, spreadsheet, and word processing which included teacher guides and student books
- Served as principal for two elementary schools with responsibility for hiring teachers and overall management of the school
- Selected materials and services provided by state and federal funds
- Initiated a volunteer teacher-aide program
- Identified suitable fund-raiser activities
- Established a computer education program
- Created a reading contract program for 12 groups of students
- Designed motivating lesson plans for students of various abilities and learning styles
- Designed and taught remedial lessons to inner city students in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Prepared computer education lessons for all elementary grades and one high school level
- Conducted computer workshop/training sessions for elementary principals and teachers in Central, East, and Mid-East regions
OUR LADY OF GRACE PARISH; Silver Spring, Maryland.
Pastoral Associate 2005-. Responsible for lectors, ministers to the homebound; parish visits; printing schedules for lectors, Eucharistic ministers, servers, pastoral assistants, linen launderers; speaker for days of recollection and other parish events; initiated women’s group, Spirit Sisters; designer of and webmaster for parish web site; support for office staff.
WILLIAM H. SADLIER, INC.; New York, New York 1995-Publisher of catechetical and educational materials for parishes and Catholic and public schools.
Educational Consultant. 1997-
Responsible for coordinating promotions of technology materials; includes developing and conducting presentations and workshops and designing promotional materials using QuarkXPress and PowerPoint.
Director of Marketing 1995-1997
Responsible for designing promotional materials, including ads, catalogs, brochures, flyers and direct mail using QuarkXPress and Adobe Illustrator; working with the sales management department in analysis, tracking, development of presentations, convention exhibits, and support for the field sales representatives.
DON BOSCO MULTIMEDIA; New Rochelle, New York 1995 (Feb-June) Publisher of youth ministry and catechetical materials for parishes and Catholic schools.
Director of Marketing Responsible for designing promotional materials, including catalogs and flyers using QuarkXPress.
U.S. CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS; Washington, DC 1992-1995 The public policy agency of the American bishops. The Office of Publishing and Promotion Services is responsible for publishing and distributing books and videos that promote the teaching apostolate of the Church.
Responsible for designing catalogs, flyers, and promotional materials using Pagemaker; developing presentations for national and regional conferences; setting up and staffing exhibit booths at national and regional conventions; tracking and analyzing sales trends.
PROGENY/CES; West Hempstead, New York 1985-1992 A national company for comprehensive elementary school computer education.
National Director of School Operations/Area Manager
Directly responsible for designing, developing and conducting workshops and presentations. Also served as Area Manager with total responsibility for sales and customer service as well as the development of new products and marketing strategies.
ST. MATTHEW SCHOOL; Virginia Beach, Virginia 1978-1984
ST.PATRICK SCHOOL; Johnstown, Pennsylvania 1973-1978
Catholic schools at the elementary levels ranging from kindergarten to grade 8
Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of managing an elementary school with grade levels kindergarten through grade 8. Responsible for hiring and management of staff, budgets, and other school related activities as well as maintaining and/or establishing a viable home-school association.
SCHOOL TEACHER 1961-1973
Experience includes teaching self-contained and departmental classes in elementary schools in Pennsylvania and Florida.
INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA; Indiana Pennsylvania; Master of Education, 1973
CARLOW COLLEGE; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Bachelor of Science in Education, 1968
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY; Norfolk, Virginia; Post graduate studies in administration and computers 1982-83
USCCB; Washington, DC; on-site classes in database and spreadsheet; 1992-1994
Godlinks! Spirituality and Technology for Today’s Teachers
- 2003 Diocesan Faith Formation Day; Orlando, FL
- 2002: Teacher In-service Day; Pittsburgh, PA
- 2001: Institute in Catholic Identity; Manhattan College, Riverdale, NY
- 2001: NCEA; Milwaukee, WI • 2000: Teacher In-service Day; Pittsburgh, PA
- 2000: East Coast Conference; Washington, DC
- 1999: Archdiocesan Inservice Day; Denver , CO
Technology That Makes Teachers Essential
- 1999: Archdiocesan Technology Day; Chicago, IL
Divinity Games—the Fun in Religious Learning
- 1998: NCEA/DRE Convocation; Los Angeles, CA