St. Francis-St. Maximilian Parish Council Meeting
Minutes from April 8, 2013
The meeting began at 7:00 pm with prayer led by Fr. Chris.
Council Representatives present: Fr. Chris Talbot, Judy Jenkins, Jim Horvath, Barbara Colpaert, Bonnie Felis, Jorge Sanchez, Deacon Dennis Loffreda
Absent: Stephanie Malzahn, Alice King, Sue Mooney-Smith
Commission Representative present: Kathy Quayhackx, Mario Campos-Escoffie, Jim Van Belle,
Vicariate Representatives absent: Gladys Bosel, Fred Smith
Prior to this meeting all members received copies of meeting and commission minutes. The minutes of the March meeting were reviewed and approved. Jim Horvath motioned to accept, seconded by Jim Van Belle.
Public comment: Visitors: Bob Devers, Jose Garcia, Nelson Oswaldo, Jose Esparza, Bernardo Esparza and Luis Zaldaña
Spiritual Study: Fr. continued explaining “The Story of Vatican II – Chronology, Set Up, Rules, Governance and Gossip”. Part two explained the Outcomes of Vatican II – The Church, Divine Revelation and Sacred Liturgy.
- Holy Week and the Triduum went well. Education/Worship Commission will discuss it in length at the next commission meeting.
- Historical committee – In progress. They will put together 3 separate books (St. Francis history, St. Maximilian history and St. Francis-St. Maximilian)
- Soccer Field – A committee was established to begin getting a league together. Jose Garcia will help create and get by-laws written with the help of Jorge Sanchez and Luis Zaldaña. The finance committee has approved the purchase of goal posts and nets. The league will be a recreational league. Once it’s established notices will go out to neighboring churches.
- Changing Lives Together –Witness talks were given this past weekend at all Masses. Since each talk was different in content it was suggested that these same talks be given in a few months at different Masses.
- Pictorial directory – Barb Colpaert is in contact with the rep from Lifetouch Photography. A contract was given to Fr. for approval. Fr. suggested that we include a Sunday afternoon photo session.
- State of the parish reports – in progress. Need Fr’s State of the Parish.
- No agenda items. Since Fr. will be in Mexico for the next meeting it will be led by Deacon Dennis on May 6th.
- New parishioner information handed out to Mario Campos-Escoffie and Bonnie Felis.
- Together in Faith –Mass counts were taken on Palm Sunday.
Questions and/or Clarifications:
The next meeting will be at St. Lawrence Parish on April 23rd.
Preparation for the next meeting:
The next agenda meeting was not scheduled.
The meeting adjourned at 8:50 pm. The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 6, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. Hosting will be Jim Horvath and Jim Van Belle.
Respectfully submitted by Kathy Burke