Search our Site
Search our Site
Search for...


Web Sponsors
Work from Home   Work from Home
Advanced Auto   Advanced Auto
Catholic Books   Catholic Books
Catholic Dating   Catholic Dating
PRAYER MODE APP   PRAYER MODE APP
Len Riegler Black   Len Riegler Black
30% Off Tablets   30% Off Tablets
App for Churches   App for Churches
Catholic Gifts   Catholic Gifts
Catholic Gifts   Catholic Gifts
Advertise Here   Advertise Here
Single Catholics   Single Catholics
Huff Realty   Huff Realty
Work from Home   Work from Home
Advanced Auto   Advanced Auto
Advanced Auto   Advanced Auto
View all Sponsors
Sponsor this site


PARKING LOT UPDATE:

Construction on the sidewalks in front of Church began this past week.  The Dixie Highway ENTRANCE to the parish parking lot is closed.  You must ENTER the lot from Cross Street.  You can EXIT the parking lot onto either Dixie Highway or Cross Street.  THERE ARE SIGNS INDICATING WHERE TO ENTER/EXIT.  For the safety of everyone, please be mindful of the signs.  This project will take approximately ten days and, at some point, the north EXIT to the parking lot will be closed.  We will update with directions as needed.



St. Henry Church at 3813 Dixie Highway, Elsmere, KY 41018 US - Learn More About Us

Learn More About Us


Parish Mission

"We, the Catholic family of St. Henry Parish, with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, accept the call of our Lord Jesus 'to go out therefore and make disciples.' We are committed to proclaiming the Gospel, being an active worship community seeking a deeper faith, providing Catholic education at all levels, and serving those in need. We do this as members of a larger body of believers within the Diocese of Covington and the Roman Catholic Church."

 

Parish History

St. Henry Parish in Elsmere organized in 1890 as a mission of St. Paul Church in Florence, had its first house of worship in a small brick church erected on the cornor of Garvey and Shaw Avenues. In 1893 the parish built a small school opposite the church. In 1899 the church  burned to the ground. A year later a new church was built on Garvey Avenue. Continued growth of the congregation necessitated yet another church be built in 1936 at the present location on Dixie Highway.

The Baby Boom after World War II prompted additional elementary school facilities in 1949 and again in 1964, followed by a new high school in 1967. After the reorganization of secondary education in the mid 1980's St. Henry District High School relocated in 1998 to a new campus on Donaldson Road .
 
At the dawn of the 21st century, the hallmark of St. Henry Church's families continued to be a strong corp of volunteers who attend to the spiritual, educational, and social needs of the parish.

     




This site is hosted by CatholicWeb.com | Find Mass Times at TheCatholicDirectory.com