St. Thomas the Apostle Parish at 1449 Wilcox Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506 US - HomeWELCOME TO SAINT THOMAS THE APOSTLE PARISH!
- Hospitality Refreshments (formally Coffee and Donuts): Our Hospitality Ministry Team is looking for more groups to help host refreshments after the 9am and 11am Masses. 3-4 people is enough so grab some friends or family and help provide an opportunity for laughter and sharing! Contact Monica Morin at 459-4662, monicamorin@
stthomasgr.org, or sign up at http://www.signupgenius. com/go/10c044dabac2aa6f49- coffee.
- Construction has started on Carlton Street. Please be advised that Carlton St is closed now at Wilcox Park. It is a tight turn to get on to Wilcox Park from Carlton. We have opened the gate and you can enter through Fulton St between Mercy Respite and Holland Home. This will be in effect through the duration of the construction (except during school hours, whereby the turn-around drive way must be used (or thru Youell).You can access our parking lot through Youell, without problems. If you have driven on Carlton in the last six months you will welcome this change to come on Carlton. Thank you for your understanding and as always please watch for children and use caution when driving around the church and school.
- Catholicism - A Journey to the Heart of Faith: Father Robert Barron's 11 week course is being offered on Wednesdays, September 17 through December 10 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Ministry Center. Registration froms are due Monday, September 8th. Please follow the link for the registration form. Contact Patti Reynolds at 459-4662 or email@example.com with any questions. Catholicism Course Registration Form
- New Member Welcome: Have you joined the parish in the last four months? On September 14th after the 9:00am Mass, our New Member Welcome Team will be hosting reception for all new members! Contact Monica Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 459-4662 x1203 for questions or more informaiton.
- OurPrize: A Celebratory Auction is October 4, 2014 at the beautiful Eberhard Center overlooking the Grand River! Please visit the website to purchase your tickets and to volunteer! Many volunteers are needed to make this event a success. Please visit: www.ourprizeauction.com for more info!
- Catholic United Build (with Habitat for Humanity of Kent County): Join parishes and Catholic organizations from around the Grand Rapids Community as we build a new home at 1034 Grandville Ave SW. Construction begins August 13. Saint Thomas is scheduled to work on Saturday, September 27 and Saturday, November 1st. Call Ken Fey (361-0661) or see Christian Service for additional information.
First Positive Conclusions Regarding The Holy See Report For The Convention Against Torture
The Committee for the Convention Against Torture (CAT) has released an advance unedited version of its Concluding Observations on the Initial Report of the Holy See. These Observations recognise that the Holy See has made many serious and substantial reforms on its procedures that further ...