St. Joseph Church at 61 N. 23rd St, Battle Creek, MI 49015-1726 US - Youth Opportunities
The Presence- February 15-17, 9th-12th grade, A weekend encounter with the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.” This weekend is being put on by the Kalamazoo Diocese office of Vocations. The cost is $70.00 please see link for more info. http://thepresencekalamazoo.com/
Diocesan Youth Rally-March 10,6th-12th grades, Yearly youth rally, This event is for both High school and Middle school youth. The key note speaker is Jesse Mannibusin. Cost TBD (usually about $35) To learn more about our speaker for this event: http://www.spiritandsong.com/events/4455
Faith Festival- April 19-20 (more info to come) All Parishioners, at St. Joseph church, no cost.
CHWC-week of July 21-27 students entering 9th-12th grade in the Fall. In St. Louis, MO, see link for more info: CHWC partners with 4 agencies that provide home repairs, wheelchair ramp repair and maintenance, painting, cleaning and general fix-up for the elderly and low income in the City of St. Louis and surrounding area. We work with one Boys and Girls club, as well as two social service centers, preparing meals, and working for the homeless. (Cost of trip including all expenses is $640.00) See link for more info:
NCYC-November- 22-24, 9-12th grade, 8th student entering 9th grade in the Fall are eligible! This event is both a conference and concert experience for youth, they get to connect with Catholic youth from all over our nation! (Cost TBD approx. $250) For more info: http://ncyc.nfcym.org/
Why Fund raise?? We are offering the Battle Creek youth several different faith filled experiences! Why not do them all!
So how does fundraising work?
· As youth participate in fundraisers the money they raise is logged for the year. At any time the youth may access their “Youth Bucks” to participate in any one of these events.
· Youth may participate in all of the fundraisers if they chose! The more you participate the more “youth bucks” you accrue.
· We ask that parents participate by hosting the fundraisers
o We will set them up, promote them, and make sure you have all you need, parents show up and make sure they happen!
Planned Fundraisers for the upcoming year
- Sponsor letters- Tri-Parish 3 n 1- (e letters)
- Bottle Drive- December 14-16 St. Joseph youth House
- Lenten Soup Dinners- St. Joseph Campus, February 22nd, March 15th? 5-7p.m. St. Joe Cafeteria followed by the Stations of the cross.
- Family Dinner- A dinner put on by the youth and parents in the cafeteria? Fri. or Sunday? Maybe even a Taco Tuesday?
- Sacramental Sale- Before Easter and before 1st communion, same weekends as Lenten dinner.
- Toostie Roll Challenge- Youth collect their change and change from others, at our February meeting, the youth with the most change collected receives a monetary gift toward their trip!