St. Joseph Parish at 604 Sycamore Street, Scott City, MO 63780 US - St. Joseph School
St. Joseph School
We are called to love God and love others while striving for academic excellence.
St. Joseph School offers the following curriculum for the 2011-2012 school year.
Reading (Grades Pre-K-6)
Literature (Grades 7-8)
Mathematics (Grades Pre-K-6)
Pre-Algebra (Grade 7)
Algebra (Grade 8)
The Religion curriculum provides the following Spiritual Opportunities.
|Daily Religion Instruction
Service Projects throughout the year
|Weekly Stations of the Cross during Lent
Morning Devotionals during Advent
Daily Prayer and Adoration at church
Special Prayer Service Opportunities
Sacramental Preparation and Celebration
The following Extracurricular Activities are offered at St. Joseph School.
St. Joseph School does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national
origin, age (in accordance with the law) and disability, if, with reasonable accommodation on the part of the school, the disabled person’s needs could be met.
New Students entering St. Joseph School will abide by the following guidelines:
1. Enter at the beginning of a new quarter, unless the student has just moved to Scott City
2. All students will enter under a probationary period of 90 school days
3. Be allowed to remain at St. Joseph School at the end of the probationary period at the discretion of the pastor and the principal
A child must be five years of age by August 1 to be eligible for admission to the
Kindergarten program. A child must be four years of age by August 1 to be eligible for admission to the Pre-Kindergarten program
A child must be six years of age by August 1 to be eligible for admission to the First Grade program.
Parents should contact the principal to begin the admission process.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Class Size and Admission Policy
As a principle, St. Joseph School does not want to reject any student meeting enrollment requirements because of class size. However, certain limits must be imposed on class size so that the educational process and physical size of the classroom will benefit students to the greatest extent possible. The maximum number of students in Kindergarten shall not exceed 20 and maximum number in Pre-Kindergarten shall not exceed 15.
ACTIVE members of St. Joseph Parish will be given priority at registration and enrollment until June 30. After June 30, registration and enrollment will be done on a first come, first served basis. A non-refundable enrollment fee of $25 is due by June 30. This fee will be applied to the book fee of $155, which is due by the end of August. In the event that projected enrollment in this class may exceed the maximum number, the following system of priorities will be initiated.
1. Students being retained at the present grade level will get first priority.
2. Children of ACTIVE members of St. Joseph Parish will be given priority until June 30.
3. A sibling of a non-parishioner that has attended school for one or more semesters shall be given priority over new non-parishioner students until June 30.
4. After June 30, enrollment will be determined on a first come, first served basis.